Date: 3rd January 2011 at 8:26am
Written by:

Forest striker Nathan Tyson has an uncertain future ahead of him and has voiced his concerns at the lack of talks regarding a new contract. His current deal expires at the end of the season and he wants to know if a new deal will be offered.

Tyson told the NEP. ‘I haven’t got a clue what is happening. Nothing has been said. Nobody has approached me. As far as I am concerned, I am going to be out of a job in the summer. All I can say is that I am enjoying playing out the remainder of my contract. Whether I will be here through January, I don’t know. I might be here until the end of the season. My agent is getting a lot of stress from me about it. But nobody has offered me anything and I don’t know what will happen during this window or at the end of the season.’

He’s one of 7 players out of contract at the end of the current campaign and they will be asking the same questions. Tyson has been courted by several clubs since the beginning of this season, with Blackpool and Southampton expressing an interest. He bagged his first goal in 18 appearances on Saturday, in the 2-2 draw with Barnsley and was man of the match in the mid week win over Derby.

Tyson has been at the club for 5 years now and has become a fans favourite. He wrote himself into City Ground folklore last year, with his flag waving antics in the Derby game and again in midweek when he gave Dean Leacock a torrid time on the wing. Do you think he should be offered a new deal? Have your say on the forum today.

Join The Vital Debate