Date: 26th July 2010 at 9:01am
Written by:

Celtic have been pursuing Kelvin Wilson this summer, although weekend ‘reports’ are saying that an offer has been rejected.

An offer of £1m was made for the 24-year-old last week but this, according to The Star on Sunday, was rejected with former Forest midfielder Neil Lennon, the manager at Celtic now, told to ‘cough up’ more money for the defender.

The lure of champions league football is something that Celtic hope can persuade him to move to Scotland although, with all due respect to Scottish football, would football at that level really challenge him as much as his potential could, or should be challenged?

With a new contract offered to Wilson, but rejected, it does seem as though his future is away from The City Ground but if it is to be with Celtic is it also ‘reported’ that they have been told he will cost at least £2m.

Are you expecting Kelvin Wilson to be sold now, and do you think that rejecting the initial £1m offer was the right thing to do; will Forest get the £2m wanted?

Let us know your thoughts.

Join The Vital Debate